Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Reason, From Scotland, with Love: Evi's Story, Scotland Forever, Fae of Lee:Special Edition Trilogy, and C.L. Champlain

A Reason
by C.L.Champlain 

*This book is intended for mature readers 18+ due to sexual content*

Emma and Eva Bellamy have lived with their abusive father all of their lives.
They're used to hiding the bruises and making excuses.
When their mom ends up in the hospital in bad shape, people start
asking questions. Having already been threatened at gunpoint by their father, they
know they have to continue to lie.

Ryan Pierce has watched Emma for almost a year. He knows she gets hurt at home.
He decides he needs to save her and make her his.

Emma has been dating Danny, her best friend for almost a year. She can't help
but lose her breath when she sees Ryan, but she doesn't want to hurt Danny.

When Ryan offers to teach her self defense and protect her and her sister, she
can no longer fight how much she wants him.

Everything happens for a reason. What would you do to protect your reason?





From Scotland, with Love: Evi's Story and
Scotland Forever
by: C.L. Champlain 

Watch and hear the Scottish accent in a video made for my books by a Scotsman! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCSeESR1rw&list=WL60EA4469953CDA03


Teasers: Ian teaser: I try to peek in the window, and I see gorgeous green sea foam eyes looking back at me.
I startle, and fall on my butt. Neil, as usual, starts laughing hysterically.
The door flies open, and there stands a handsome maybe thirty year old man with gorgeous eyes and dark hair.
“Sorry there Lass, didn’t mean to startle ye, lemme help ye up there. I’m Professor MacGregor, are ye Ainsley MacLean?”
He says this with a crisp, yet obviously Scottish accent, and again my mouth is hanging open.
I start to giggle and then shake myself.
“Sorry, yes I’m Ainsley, please call me Evi. Sorry, I didn’t expect to see eyes looking back at me through the window.”
He is helping me up and I realize he’s wearing a kilt too. Oh lord. I’m going to stutter now I bet. It’s a handsome kilt,
reminds me of a cold winter day back home, and a nice blanket on the couch. It’s red and black, and I remember a story my grandpa
told me.
“Um, is that Rob Roy’s family’s tartan?” I ask him while I get up.
Am I going to spend the entire year stuttering, giggling and falling all over these handsome guys with accents? Probably.
“Och, aye it is. He was my many greats grandfather.”
I giggle again. I can’t help it! Och, aye it is? Adorable!
Neil starts laughing again, and Professor MacGregor looks between us like he’s lost.
“She giggles every time someone sounds the least bit Scottish, Ian. Get used to it.”
Neil says while still laughing hysterically. I’m starting to like my roommate a little less. Ian? They are on a first name basis?
I feel myself blush, and curse Neil in my head.
“Och, well then I guess al have tae decide whether tae thicken me accent or no’.” Professor MacGregor says, clearly with a stronger
accent and a wink at me. Oh lord, kill me now.


Eddie teaser:
“Coming up on our left is an amazing pub called Holyrood 9A. They have twenty taps running daily, plus a full bar, and amazing
burgers. Twenty different burgers that are really popular, including vegetarian options if you’re so inclined to try them.
Steak, salads, and lamb as well. They serve breakfast too as you can see. Food is good, drinks are good and prices are fair.
I eat there a few times a week at least.” Neil stopped in front of the place and let me read the menu by the door.
It's a cute place with some windows. Didn’t look like much from outside, but inside looked charming, clean and very much like our pub
back home. My grandfather would have loved this place. So, of course, I start bawling like the crazy American lady that I am.
“Shush now, what’s all that about? It’s just a pub darling.” Neil wraps his arms around me and puts my head in his chest.
I am trying to catch my breath to talk but I just keep sobbing. “What’s goin’ on here? The wee lass okay? I hear a man say,
and his accent is so thick and adorable, I want to giggle. I’m still crying over missing my grandfather and the pub, and now
his accent makes me want to giggle?
I pull back from Neil’s arms and wipe my eyes. “I’m sorry, this beautiful pub reminded me so much of my grandfather and his pub.
He just died, and I miss him, and I miss home a little.” I tell the man with the gorgeous accent without really looking at him,
since I wouldn’t see him well through the tears anyway.
“Och, aye, losin’ a loved one is hard. Ma name is Edwin MacMillan, everyone calls me Eddie. Do ye wish tae come in and see more of the place? Doon the basement we have a collection
of old bottles and photos of the place back when it first opened. Ye may cry some more, but ye may enjoy it as well.”
Gorgeous accent man says.
“I start feeling in my purse for a tissue, when he hands me a napkin. “Thanks.” I wipe my face and try to catch my breath.
I look up at him finally, and I lose my breath again. Is everyone gorgeous here? He has a Holyrood9A hat on, but his eyes are the
most stunning shade of blue. There’s a hint of a green and grey as well, making me think his eyes change with his mood. His hair
is a dark sandy color, not as blond as Neil’s. Then I notice the rest of him, and he’s wearing a Holyrood9A shirt and a gorgeous kilt.
Oh my god. I’ve seen older men back home in kilts playing the bagpipes. A lot of them were my grandfather’s friends, but a younger
physically fit man in a kilt? I think my heart stopped.
“Ma eyes are up here lass.”
I can feel myself starting to blush and Neil bursts out laughing. The Scotsman has a half smile like he’s amused, but not really
1laughing at me. I’m so embarrassed. “Um, well I’ve seen some of my grandfather’s friends in kilts back home on Holidays, but.”
What do I say, never a hot guy? I turn toward Neil and plead him with my eyes to get me out of here.
He just laughs harder. He’s bent right over, hands on his knees, laughing at me. I huff and turn around to start walking away.
“Where ye goin’ Lass? Do no' go away mad.”
Oh god, that accent. I really need to walk away now before my clothes fall off.






Fae of Lee: Saving, Uniting, Finding: Special Edition Trilogy
by: C.L. Champlain

A new extended special edition of my Fae of Lee series. With more than 15,000 additional words and several new scenes. The trilogy is also still available separately.
***This book contains minor language, violence {mostly paranormal}, closed door sex,
and is more suitable to those who are 16 years of age and older.***

Start the adventure in Fae of Lee: ~Saving~ (Formerly titled Saving Grace)
Every day Dy wakes up in her own brand of horror in a small town where everyone knows everything about everyone.
After it becomes clear that her fathers anger issues are endangering her family's life, Dy learns something about herself that will forever change her.
Suddenly, her small town life doesn't seem so small and boring,as she sets out on an adventure to discover who she really is.
Follow her on her journey, as she enters the world of Fae, druids, magic, warriors, soul mates, and blood bonds.
Will her future be what has been foretold by the seers of Fae, or can Dy rewrite her future, and the future of her family, with the help of her warriors and friends?

Continue the adventure in Fae of Lee~Uniting~ (Formerly titled Soul Mates)
Now that Dy and Ari are blood bound, they must travel together to Tuath Aer (North Air) to Ari's father's kingdom.
Once there they will try to create a peaceful alliance with his father's people so that they can join together to defeat the demons and druids.
Can they convince the father Ari has never known, to join forces with them to protect humans and themselves?

Continue the journey through Ireland, in to the world of Fae, demons, druids, and blood bonds. Will they learn how to use all of their gifts in time to protect everyone they love?
Is sharing their special blood really safe for those they are trying to protect, or are they playing with a fire that may burn too hot?

Finish the trilogy with Fae of Lee~Finding~ (Formerly titled Finding Dorothy)

After battling demons and druids, Dorothy wakes up in a hospital with no memories of who she is or what she has done for her people.
Our journey continues as our fairy warriors try to remind Dorothy of who she is and what she means to them before it is to late.

Will they have enough time to remind her of who she is, so that she is ready to defeat the final threat and break the curse on the women of the O'Duggan family before anymore lives are lost?
What will be the fate of Dorothy and her warriors as well as the people of Lee?

*937 PAGES 206,428 WORDS IN WORD DOCUMENT*






Country Girls Kitchen Bible
by C.L.Champlain 

I grew up with a Scot/Irish grandmother that practically lived in the kitchen. She had eight children, and several grandchildren. She loved to cook, and bake, and play Yahtzee at the kitchen table while we all talked about our day.
After years of being asked for recipes, I have finally decided to just write a book of some of our old family favorites. I have some detailed recipes, and some quick and simple recipes to save you time and money!
I cover everything from Holiday meals, to leftovers, to amazing desserts and food gifts. Surprise your friends with cookies on a stick that look so adorable, but are inexpensive and so easy to make!
After all of that cooking, spend some time with the kids in the kitchen, and try out my edible play dough, some slime, or puffy paint!
I hope you enjoy my cookbook, and my family recipes. May it bring you extra money in your pockets, and many memorable moments around the table!


http://www.amazon.com/Country-Girls-Kitchen-Bible-ebook/dp/B00HBGIW6U/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1391636365&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=The+country+girl%27s+kitchen+bibl

No comments:

Post a Comment